FamilySearch Wiki:Technical Meeting Agenda 07 December 2010Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Join the meeting, the ID is 7780
Add your recognition items below
- Kudos goes to ...
News items can now be found on the Community News page in the Wiki.
From the Community
- - 578 hits as of this writing. There are 578 pages with this horrible old line simliar to - http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titledetailstitleno=187462disp=The+history+of+Maryland%20%20 (this one is quickly converted to FHL Collection.) It would be extra better if the template is edited to delete "Collection" and change displayed "FHL Collection" to "FHLC" which will solve the problem with usage of template in the tables. Dsammy 17:52, 7 December 2010 (UTC)
- This issue has been outstanding for some time. There is a forum thread "amp,amp,amp,amp,amp" problem about it and it was logged in the Research Wiki Dev Backlog as Bug #214. Reviewing Bug #214 again reminded me that a potential fix has been found, but the community has never heard back, whether it works or not or even if it has been tested in the Research Wiki. --Steve 20:50, 7 December 2010 (UTC)
- I had a good look at those pages. This is leftover from way back changeover of about 2 years ago. Dsammy 21:06, 7 December 2010 (UTC)
- Question for Cottrell and Lerman: Is it possible to create template for Google Books based on this: http://books.google.com/books?id=VMULAAAAYAAJ with the last part being the Identity code for specific book? I checked and spotted the change from recent ones. Dsammy 17:58, 7 December 2010 (UTC)
- I would suggest that we use the ISBN linking feature of Google Books described in the help article How can I link to a specific title on Google Books?. What do you think the link should look like? --Steve 20:43, 7 December 2010 (UTC)
From FamilySearch Staff
- FHL scripts updating the hard coded FHL links to the FHL template. Much thanks to Thomas for his hard work and effort in getting this done. -- http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=4795highlight=template
- This page was last modified on 3 August 2013, at 00:54.
- This page has been accessed 379 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More