FamilySearch Wiki:Technical Meeting Agenda 09 Jan 2014Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Phone number Local/International: 1-801-240-9700 U.S. Toll-Free: 1-855-537-4000 Access Code: 993 776 346
Add your recognition items below
- Kudos go to ...
News items can now be found on the Community News page in the Wiki.
- Define a purpose for the Wiki Tech Meeting for 2014 JonesWD 17:40, 9 January 2014 (UTC)
Wiki Tech Meeting Purpose (GET MORE EXPOSURE) 1. Talk about and pursue enhancements with the engineers, embedding videos and maps. And not only enhancements that require engineer time, maybe enhancements that possibly the tech community can do. a. Scrolling pictures in a box 2. Increase visibility from an engineering and patron standpoint. a. Upgrade the engineering mode. 3. Engineer attend the meeting at least once a month(Project Manager) a. Get briefing back and forth 4. Discuss current problems and issues with the FamilySearch Wiki. 5. Updates from the engineers 6. Keep current with MediaWiki versions 7. Community involvement with testing
Technical Issues & Workarounds
- https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Special:NewFiles JonesWD 17:40, 9 January 2014 (UTC)
- Caleb talked about making changes judgepedia.org for example and tabs. Which brought up the question if Wiki page is mobile friendly.
- Steve talked about more focused pages. Succint pages rather than more comprehensive
- How hard would it be to implement a a recent changes RSS feeds added?
- This page was last modified on 9 January 2014, at 21:58.
- This page has been accessed 575 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News