FamilySearch Wiki:Technical Meeting Agenda 12 October 2010Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Listen to the recording, the ID is 2969
Add your recognition items below
- Kudos goes to ...
News items can now be found on the Community News page in the Wiki.
From previous meeting
- Please note that I will not be able to attend the first half of this meeting. I hope to be able to join in for the last 30mins. --Steve 16:57, 12 October 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks, and we will save this discussion for the last half of the meeting. -Fran
- Follow-up: Steve will add details that have reached concensus to the Manual of Style. Everyone, please continue to voice your opinions and ideas on the discussion page.
From the Community
- Update to Home Page of Beta FamilySearch
Instead of making it easier to find Wiki, they made it harder to find it with a obscuring link. You can see there's no mention of "Wiki" in the announcement itself. Dsammy 18:34, 9 October 2010 (UTC)
From FamilySearch Staff
- I was not able to attend the meeting, so I apologize. More details would be nice. Are you talking about the image captions being lost? If so, that is a bug that has been talked about for months. If I recall correctly, that is one of the editor bugs. Let me do a quick search. Searching the forums, I found a posting Image captions MIA, Parameters for images, and Rich editor stripped out text from image. The latter talks about it being discussed in the 02 Feb 2010 meeting. If it is something else, please let me know. If this is the subject, I think it is a shame that it appears this is another bug that has been forgotten or fell through the cracks. Thomas_Lerman 04:18, 13 October 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks Thomas for the links to the Forum threads. David was going to start one, but with three already posted, a new forum thread is not needed. If anyone has additional information to share about this bug, please do so on one of the forum threads. I have communicated all the details and links to the forum threads to our engineers. I really don't know if the bug was lost in the cracks somewhere. I just know that I had forgotten about it. -Fran 16:16, 13 October 2010 (UTC)
- New Common Taxonomy. It is proposed that the New Common Taxonomy be used as the way to structure topics on the Wiki. The main impact of this structure would be to significantly change the "Browse by Topic" page. Does anyone have any suggestions or objections before this change is made? DiltsGD 18:28, 12 October 2010 (UTC)
- Please add your thoughts and ideas to the New Common Taxonomy discussion page. This taxonomy will eventually be implemented in the wiki as topic categories. Currently, the majority of all categories in the wiki are for localities and maintenance. As a result, the implementation of this topic taxonomy will be a positive improvement. Note that the wiki currently has a few topic categories, but most will remain as they are today, with some slight changes to the hierarchy. --Fran 16:36, 13 October 2010 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 7 June 2013, at 23:31.
- This page has been accessed 610 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News