FamilySearch Wiki:Technical Meeting Agenda 20 April 2010Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Join the meeting, the ID is 2686
News items can now be found on the Community News page in the Wiki.
- A link to the agenda archives was added to the Community Meetings homepage.
- Be sure to read James' new forum thread about Using Twitter to promote the Wiki
- I found subsequent to that, another cool way to let people know aobut the Wiki, QR codes. See the post above the one mentioned above to find out more. JamesAnderson
Add your recognition items below
- Kudos goes to Thomas Lerman & Steve Cottrell for their technical assistance with the wiki yesterday. Very helpful!
From the Community
Crazy External Links!
Just for FYI, there are 2 different groups of External Links that shold be internalized. One group is all weird. For some reasons those pages did not close properly in 2008 and before. The only necessary step was to go to the "open" pages and click "save page" to close out whatever that was there. There is no pattern to this one group. This gave me the excuse to do:
1. tag which to merge into another article
2. tag which to delete (blank pages of so called help pages)
3. tag which to delete due to queries
4. excuse to tidy up pages
There are quite a number of Portals that couldn't be closed until the main portal pages are deleted first. many of associated pages are blanks. dsammy 09:19, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
The other group requires checking to change from external to internal links. Caution - there are obvious duplicate pages to resolve, too. dsammy 19:06, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
NGS Breakfast Get-Together
I think Thursday, 7:00 a.m. is the time, but the place is still an open item. I made some phone calls last week to see what I could learn about breakfast options downtown, and have posted that information in the forums. I would appreciate suggestions from those of you who are more familiar with downtown SLC. Lise 17:55, 20 April 2010 (UTC) It was decided that we would all meet together at the Nauvoo Cafe at 7 a.m. Kara will make reservations.
The glossary seems to contain entries that may belong in other places, like foreign language word lists. The style of entries is inconsistent, so this is probably a good item for style guide discussion. Should this discussion take place on the talk page for the Genealogical Terms article, the MOS, in the forums or some other place? Lise 17:55, 20 April 2010 (UTC) Much work is needed but no one has taken on this project yet. Solving this problem begind with the Manual of Style and then apply the style guide across all pages of Wiki. A page needs to be created: FamilySearch Wiki:Glossary Style. There is a category for Glossaries. Add glossaries to this category Category:Glossary
Wrong links - Joan Healey - Kara Here is the Kentucky Vital Records Page - click on Monster Links
Several state – vital records (Kentucky, Indiana and Kansas) wee monster links to an AT & T personnel blocker
- I found that a posting on a blog in February announced that these pages would be moving to http://www.germanroots.com/ I have therefore replaced the old URL with the new. --Steve 21:04, 20 April 2010 (UTC)
From FamilySearch Staff
Engineers need some testing - Don Stringham
Automatic Combining of Accounts has been disabled. It can be done manually. There is a thread in forums for posting the request.
- This page was last modified on 14 August 2012, at 14:24.
- This page has been accessed 728 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page