FamilySearch Wiki:Technical Meeting Agenda 3 August 2010Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Join the meeting, the ID is 0490
News items can now be found on the Community News page in the Wiki.
- Thomas fixed the FHL template so it now works with both the old catalog URLs and the new catalog URLs. The day that beta FamilySearch goes into production, we can change the FHL template and all catalog links that use the template will be fixed!!! It's unfortunate that we have over 5,000 links to the catalog that were created prior to the implementation of the FHL template because those links will have to be fixed another way. --Fran
- Actually, the FHL was created a long time ago. The difficulty is that many do not use it like other templates. It is easier to copy a link than to learn about templates. The best way would be a global search & replace using regular expressions to change the link to use the template. Thomas_Lerman 20:51, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
- The FamilySearch Support group will be helping with the management of sorting the stub articles. Fran will be helping with their training. They will start sorting the 4,500+ stub articles once the templates are created for all the US States. Obviously, we need some help to get those templates created right away. Fran can help, but will need some coaching regarding the transclusion of the documentation page. Can anyone else help with this mini-project?
Add your recognition items below
- Kudos goes to everyone for their help with integrating the wiki into beta FamilySearch. We appreciate your time, your dedication and commitment to the wiki project as we've moved from early beta stages all the way through the end of beta and into full production. We could not have done this without your help! Being integrated with beta FamilySearch is a monumental accomplishment. We look forward to the day when we are in done with beta and into full production! --Fran
From the Community
- TreeSeek World Cemeteries feature (2 items):
1. Duplicate articles may be possible due to the fact that the feature only uses the name of the cemeteries themselves, with no location in the titles. I've created a couple articles prior to this coming online and instead of the article for the cemetery, a page without that earlier article came up. Will there be a way to merge the new article with the more complete article by title to ensure duplication does not happen or is resolved?
This will also cause conflicts in names unless the city where the cemeteries are located is in the article title. There are likely a number of cemeteries called 'Evergreen' for example, and being sur ehte title includes the locality data will help reduce that, as well as match up existing articles to the TreeSeek product.
2. Some cemeteries are not known to TreeSeeek. For example, the cemetery adjacent to Camp Williams does not show on their map and maybe not even Google itself which is what Treeseek is using. You only see it when you turn on the satellite view. It's north of the base, and you don't even really see it from the road either. Camp Williams is on what we know as Redwood Road as it changes name to 'Camp Wllliams Road' and basically is on hte county line. JamesAnderson 17:47, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
- I am curious about questions posed in the meeting and agenda concerning the demo. It seems no response has been attempted. Thomas_Lerman 20:54, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
- The cemetery that is by Camp Williams, is Utah Veterans Memorial Park. It is listed in Google and GNIS.
- What is the status of moderators on the Wiki site? Purpose? Rights? Who assigns? Jimmy B. Parker 19:53, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
From FamilySearch Staff
- Family history societies will be creating their own pages in the wiki. They are in need of having a template similar to the Historical Records template. Can someone help them with creating this template? --Fran
- We created a few templates that were used for the NGS conference. One was used on syllabus pages, other templates were added to user pages. A similar effort is in progress for the FGS conference held Aug 18-21. We need help with creating the templates for this conference. --Fran
- Status of issues reported as a result of integrating the wiki into beta FamilySearch. --Fran
- This page was last modified on 10 March 2012, at 14:06.
- This page has been accessed 426 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page