FamilySearch Wiki:Technical Meeting Agenda 7 September 2010Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Join the meeting, the ID is 9205
Add your recognition items below
- Kudos goes to ...
News items can now be found on the Community News page in the Wiki.
Navigation boxes. This discussion was started two weeks ago. Last week the community decided that we needed to spend a lot of time with this subject so we can come to a conclusion. Therefore, the entire meeting this week will be devoted to this subject. The decisions will become part of the style guide for content in the wiki. Some of the specifics that need discussion include:
- The style of the nav box. Several different styles have already been developed. The best experience anyone could have in the wiki would be to have a consistent style and design.
- What nav boxes are needed on the country level page, the state level page, the county level pages, and the topic level pages?
- What links should exist in each of the nav boxes?
- Should the links be created for pages that don't yet exist, or should the nav box be built with the "if" statement?
- Should the nav boxes have the v - d - e links, or should the links be spelled out, view - discuss - edit? Or is there another option?
- only V and D can be spelled out. V is view, D is discussion page. E should be handled by those who know how to edit. dsammy 05:21, 7 September 2010 (UTC)
- How can we get to the point that we actually have a page that shows us all the templates that can be used on a page? We can't use the templates if we don't know they exist.
- Please add to this list additional items related to this subject.
- A problem surfaced, affecting the placement and position of the templates. See Santa Barbara County, California. Classic skin, just about as good as it is but the new skin, is a problem no matter how or what involving placement of the "society adoption template" affecting "Infobox" templates, because of the nav bar on right side, pushing the society template out of it's place. dsammy 05:21, 7 September 2010 (UTC)
A Nice Surprise for You! Detail in meeting. dsammy 17:52, 7 September 2010 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 10 March 2012, at 14:06.
- This page has been accessed 427 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page