FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject FamilySearch Records/How to Help with Image TranslationsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
To provide translations for the sample image by using Microsoft Word, follow these instructions:
- Save the picture onto your computer, then open up a Word document
- Go to the insert tab and choose picture
- Choose the image you want to translate
- Once the picture is in your Word document, you'll go back to the insert tab and choose shapes
- Choose one of the call-out shapes and place it above information that is pertinent for genealogical research, such as event location, event date, name of the person, etc.
- Write the translations inside the call-outs
- If you think additional translations would be helpful for this record, please add them at the bottom of the word document
Please email the document with the finished translation to email@example.com.
Your contribution will be a great benefit to those searching for their ancestors without the language skills necessary to read the records. Thank you for your help!
For a list of all articles currently needing image translations see articles needing image translations.
- This page was last modified on 14 July 2014, at 17:34.
- This page has been accessed 5,547 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki