FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject New York/Tasks-Church Records Ancestry.comEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Wiki Project New York Tasks - Church Records: Ancestry Task
To locate pertinent church record databases on Ancestry.com and add them to the Church Records heading.
2. To the right of the webpage, click on the county you are working on. A list of all applicable databases for that county will appear.
3.Church records are listed in Birth Marriage and Death. Sometimes you need to click on "view all New York birth, Marriage, and Death" to see the full list.
4.If there are less than 5 church records databases for this county on Ancestry, list the databases under "Online Church Records Abstracts" in chronological and then alphabetical order in the following manner:
:* [http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=17522 The Bottskill Baptist Church] at Ancestry.com - $
5. You can list any other helpful info about the database after the $ in the entry.
6. If there are dates listed in the title of the database, repeat the dates just after the bullet in bold. Make sure to use the N–dash between the dates and anytime it is used in wiki text. The N–dash is made by holding the alt key and typing 0150:
:*'''1793-1855''' [http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=20764 Marriage records, Oyster Bay, Long Island, New York: performed by the Rev. Marmaduke Earle, 1793-1855] at Ancestry.com - $
- The Bottskill Baptist Church at Ancestry.com - $
- 1793-1855 Marriage records, Oyster Bay, Long Island, New York: performed by the Rev. Marmaduke Earle, 1793-1855 at Ancestry.com - $
- This page was last modified on 7 December 2011, at 18:59.
- This page has been accessed 176 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki