FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject New York/Tasks-Church Records LinkpendiumEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Wiki Project New York Tasks - Church Records: Linkpendium Task
To locate pertinent church record databases on the website Lindpendium and list them under the Church Records heading.
1. Go to Linkpendium
2. Select your county and determine how many church record databases are listed.
3. Examine each link:
- a. Determine if the link works. If the link does not work, doesn't do not include.
- b. Examine the information in the database to see if it is worth listing on the wiki. If it's just a church history and does not list church members names, do not list it on the page. It will be your decision as to if it is worthwhile to list the database.
4. If there are less than 5 databases, list them under "Online Church Records Abstracts" in chronological and then alphabetical order in the following manner:
:* [http://dunhamwilcox.net/ny/buffalo_presb_ch.htm2 Lafayette St. Presbyterian Church] - free
5. If there is information about the database that you would like to add (i.e, index only, not complete, etc), add it to the end of line.
6. If there are dates listed in the title of the database, repeat the dates just after the bullet in bold. Make sure to use the N–dash between the dates and anytime it is used in wiki text. The N–dash is made by holding the alt key and typing 0150:
:*'''1808-1877''' [http://ebooks.library.cornell.edu/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=nys;cc=nys;view=toc;subview=short;idno=nys151 Register of Baptisms at Bloomingdale, 1808-1877] found on New York Historical Record - free
7. If there are more than 5 databases, copy the url link and add the following instead of listing out the databases:
:*[http://www.linkpendium.com/genealogy/USA/NY/Allegany/ Allegany County Church Records on Linkpendium]
- This page was last modified on 28 November 2011, at 16:51.
- This page has been accessed 164 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page