FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Waypointing/Italy, Ravenna, Tribunale di Ravenna, Civil Registration, 1866-1929Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Project Name: Italy, Ravenna, Tribunale di Ravenna, Civil Registration, 1866-1929 - DB 
Project Owner: Travis Mecham, firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-240-5017
Alternative Contacts: Caleb Pusey, email@example.com, 801-240-2592
Project Completion Deadline: December 16, 2011
Go to “File,” “Open Project,” and select “Italy, Ravenna, Tribunale di Ravenna, Civil Registration, 1866-1929 – DB ” from the drop-down menu, then click “OK.”
1. Waypoint all Administrative images. Only Title Boards, Focus Images, and other non-original images should be marked as Administrative. Please do not mark book covers or other parts of the original documents as Administrative.
2. The Consolidated Form for this project has the following fields:
a. Provincia [Province]
b. Comune o frazione [City or Town]
c. Registro / Serie [Record Type / Series]
d. Anno - Principio [Beginning Year]
e. Anno - Fine [Ending Year]
f. Numero dell’unita’ archivistica (busta o registro) [Number of Archival Unit (envelope or register)]
The Provincia field will always be filled automatically. If you find a folder from a province other than Ravenna, please call the Project Owner. You can get the “Comune o frazione” and “Registro / Serie” fields from one of two locations. First, the Notes window will contain the Comune or Frazione field in the “Authors” or “Subjects” line and the Registro / Serie is in the “Film Notes” line. Second, most books will list the city and record type on their cover or title page.
The Anno fields are for the year range of the waypoint. The earliest year in an image range goes in the "Anno - Principio" field, and the latest year in the range goes in the "Anno - Fine" field. If there is only one year in the range, only fill out the beginning year field. Do not put the same year twice, in the beginning year and ending year fields.
The “Numero dell’unita’ archivistica (busta o registro)” field should be left blank for this project.
3. Once the consolidated form is complete, highlight the range it applies to and click “New.”
4. Repeat this process until all images have been Waypointed.
5. When you are confident that all waypoints are correct, click “Finish.” A new folder should load, or you can start with step 1 of these instructions to open a new folder.
6. When you have finished your first folder, please send an email to Travis or Caleb, so they can audit your work and give feedback on any issues they find.
1. Allegati records are not organized in books, but are loose records, usually with a title page for each individual group of records. Please specify, whenever possible, the type of Allegati, for example: Nati, allegati. If you are unable to find the correct type please put Allegati vari.
2. “Indici decennali” are ten year indexes, and should cover ten years (1896-1905). There can be ten-year indexes for Nati, Matrimoni, or Morti. Usually, Indici decennali are included in one of the regular record books. If that is the case, they do not need to be waypointed sperately. Only waypoint indici decennali individually when an entire item is exclusively ten-year indexes.
3. If the book cover says “Nascita” or “Nascite” put Nati as the record type.
4. Some title pages will not have a year written on them, and you will have to look for it in the actual record. Most records will have the year written out, rather than in number form. Use the following guide when translating Italian numbers:
Guide to Italian Numbers:
1 - uno
2 - due
3 - tre
4 - quattro
5 - cinque
6 - sei
7 - sette
8 - otto
9 - nove
10 - dieci
11 - undici
12 - dodici
13 - tredici
14 - quatordici
15 - quindici
16 - sedici
17 - diciassette
18 - diciotto
19 - diciannove
20 - venti
21 - ventuno
22 - ventidue
23 - ventitré
30 - trenta
31 - trentuno
32 - trentadue
40 - quaranta
50 - cinquanta
60 - sessanta
70 - settanta
80 - ottanta
90 - novanta
100 - cento
200 - duecento
300 - trecento
400 - quattrocento
500 - cinquecento
600 - seicento
700 - settecento
800 - ottocento
900 - novecento
1000 - mille
Example: milleottocento otto
The example above would be translated “one thousand eight hundred eight” or 1808. After practicing a few folders, this translation process will become easier and faster. If you have problems locating the year, or translating it, please call the Project Owner.
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
- This page was last modified on 9 May 2012, at 09:27.
- This page has been accessed 402 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki