FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors MeetingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Join the discussion, ask questions, and share
The Wiki currently has 75,707 articles in English
For New Contributors and Moderators
You are invited to attend this weekly meeting where you can discuss what you are working on, ways to improve the wiki and your experience, and connect to others who can assist you. The first meeting of each month is mostly devoted to collaborating with moderators, however, all are invited. Please see the instructions on how to join this meeting below. Each meeting is recorded for those who cannot attend.
Click meeting agenda below for a meeting date. Please add what you would like to discuss and see what is planned. You can join the meeting from there.
Or join now:
We are no longer using Meeting Place. All meetings are held using WebEx.
- Go to WebEx to join the meeting.
- Enter the meeting number: 990 733 804.
- Enter your name and e-mail address.
- Click "Join."
Once you join the meeting, a box will appear for you to enter a telephone number to have the system call you. You may choose to use a headset connected to you computer instead of using your telephone.
If any challenges arise in joining the meeting, call in and enter the following access code to establish an audio connection:
Local / International: 1-801-240-9700 U.S. Toll-Free: 1-855-537-4000
Access Code: 990 733 804
Ask the host to sent an e-mail invitation to you from WebEx.
To review the recording of a previous meeting, click MeetingPlace Select Find a Meeting (ID 7770), enter the date (or date range -- such as Jan 1, 2011), and click Search. Scroll down and select the meeting.
- 7 November 2013 Meeting
- 14 November 2013 Meeting
- 21 November 2013 Meeting (First meeting using new site, WebEx)
- 28 November 2013 Thanksgiving, no meeting held.
- 3 October 2013 Meeting
- 10 October 2013 Meeting
- 17 October 2013 Meeting
- 24 October 2013 Meeting
- 31 October 2013 Meeting
- 5 September 2013 Meeting
- 12 September 2013 Meeting
- 19 September 2013 Meeting
- 26 September 2013 Meeting
- 1 August 2013 Meeting
- 8 August 2013 Meeting
- 15 August 2013 Meeting
- 22 August 2013 Meeting
- 29 August 2013 Meeting
- 7 March 2013 Meeting
- 14 March 2013 Meeting
- 21 March 2013 Cancelled for RootsTech
- 28 March 2013 Meeting
- 3 January 2013 Meeting
- 10 January 2013 Meeting
- 17 January 2013 Meeting
- 24 January 2013 Meeting
- 31 January 2013 Meeting
Discussion and Proposal page
A page has been created to list ongoing suggestions and ideas that evolve from these meetings. It is hoped that possible changes and projects will not be forgotten, and will eventually reach a resolution. See Community Discussions and Proposals for the list.
The Contributor's meeting was spurred by discussions from the Contributor's Corner Forum, including:
- Define the roles of moderators and adopters and the impact upon other contributors
- Discuss content isssues, such as the manual of style, creating informative links, and more.
- Share best practices, ideas, and suggestions
- Move from talk to decision and implementation
The Technical Meeting previously handled many of these issues. It has recently evolved into technical issues that may not interest all contributors.
- This page was last modified on 3 December 2013, at 22:20.
- This page has been accessed 9,214 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More