Family History Library Microfilm RestrictionsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
If you use the microfilm collection of the Family History Library, you may see a note in the catalog saying the film is restricted. If you visit the Library there may not be a problem with using a copy. But if you are in a family history center you won’t be able to order a copy. Restrictions are usually due to the contractual agreement made with the archive holding the original material. Some reasons films are restricted are:
- The copy in the library can’t be duplicated for circulation.
- Only one copy of the film can be in circulation at a time.
- A film can only be circulated within the borders of specific countries.
- The film may contain several items and one or more of them are restricted.
- This page was last modified on 2 January 2011, at 23:13.
- This page has been accessed 4,470 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki