Family History Library Microfilm RestrictionsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
If you use the microfilm collection of the Family History Library, you may see a note in the catalog saying the film is restricted. If you visit the Library there may not be a problem with using a copy. But if you are in a family history center you won’t be able to order a copy. Restrictions are usually due to the contractual agreement made with the archive holding the original material. Some reasons films are restricted are:
- The copy in the library can’t be duplicated for circulation.
- Only one copy of the film can be in circulation at a time.
- A film can only be circulated within the borders of specific countries.
- The film may contain several items and one or more of them are restricted.
- This page was last modified on 2 January 2011, at 23:13.
- This page has been accessed 4,018 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More