Fargo North Dakota Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Fargo North Dakota Family History Center serves eastern North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota. Other Family History Centers in the area are located in Aberdeen, SD; Bemidji, MN; Detroit Lakes, MN; Grand Forks, ND; and Wahpeton, ND.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 2502 17th Avenue South, Fargo, ND 58103
- Use the west door
- Location on Map
Phone: (701) 232-4003
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., 7 - 8:30 p.m.
- First and fifth Thursdays: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. - noon
- Saturday, May 26 - September 8: Appointment only call 701-214-5804
Holiday Schedule: The Saturdays nearest Memorial Day, Easter and Labor Day. The entire weeks of Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's. The Saturdays of the LDS Church semi-annual General Conference, usually the first Saturday in April and October. And the day of the Minnesota State University Moorhead Family History Workshop.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- A large collection of Norwegian church records on microfilm are on indifinite loan.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Two computers, several microfilm readers and a microfilm reader-printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Minnesota, North Dakota and Norway. <fck:hr>
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
We welcome volunteers to help users of this center. </fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr>
- This page was last modified on 11 April 2013, at 20:08.
- This page has been accessed 355 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More