Farlington, HampshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Havant PLU|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1763|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester|
|Location of Archive|
|Hampshire Record Office|
FARLINGTON, a parish, in the union of Havant, hundred of Portsdown, Fareham and S. divisions of the county of Southampton, 2 miles (W. by S.) from Havant. .
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Farlington, Hampshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|FARLINGTON PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288795.
Hollingsbee, Kathleen. The Russells of Russell's Island 1819-1850. A description of the Russell family and house, including a sketch of the island, covering year 1798. Article in The Hampshire Family Historian vol. XII, no. 3, Nov. 1985, pages 173-175. Family History Library Ref. 942.27 B2h v.12
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hampshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
- ↑ Lewis,Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848), pp. 213-216. Date accessed: 14 June 2013.
- ↑ 'Over 1.4 million new Hampshire parish records published', Find My Past, accessed 3 October 2013.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Hampshire, England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 8 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 30 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 14 April 2014, at 21:34.
- This page has been accessed 1,878 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page