Faulkner County, ArkansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Faulkner County Arkansas genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Faulkner County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||April 12, 1873|
|Address|| Faulkner County Courthouse|
801 Locust Street;
Conway, AR 72032
- 1873--Faulkner County was created 12 April 1873 from Pulaski and Conway Counties. County seat: Conway 
See an interactive map of Faulkner County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
- Faulkner County ARGenWeb cemeteries
- Arkansas Ties Collection of Faulkner County cemeteries
- Find A Grave Faulkner County cemeteries
Church records and the information they provide vary significantly depending on the denomination and the record keeper. They may contain information about members of the congregation, such as age, date of baptism, christening, or birth; marriage information and maiden names; and death date. For general information about Arkansas denominations, view the Arkansas Church Records wiki page.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Faulkner County Church Records
- Faulkner County Declarations of Intent Faulkner County ARGenWeb
Land and Property
Land and property records can place an ancestor in a particular location, provide economic information, and reveal family relationships. Land records include: deeds, abstracts and indexes, mortgages, leases, grants and land patents.
See Arkansas Land and Property for additional information about early Arkansas land grants. After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions were usually recorded at the county courthouse and where records are currently housed.
- Faulkner County Settlers Faulkner County ARGenWeb
Local histories are available for Faulkner County, Arkansas. County histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. For more information about local histories, see Arkansas Local Histories.
- Family Maps of Faulkner County, Arkansas (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- Faulkner County Military Faulkner County ARGenWeb
- Faulkner County Co. G, 3rd AR Calvary Pensions Faulkner County ARGenWeb
Additional newspapers abstracts can sometimes be found using search phrases such as Faulkner County, Arkansas newspapers in online catalogs like:
Probate records of Arkansas have been kept by the probate or county courts. You can obtain copies of the original records by contacting the clerk's office in the county courthouse.
The Family History Library has microfilm copies of many Arkansas probate records. See Arkansas Probate Records for more information about Probate records in Arkansas, including statewide indexes.
- [http://backwardbranch.com/arfaulkner/ad.pdf Faulkner County Administrations & Estates 1880-1904
Arkansas tax records replace missing censuses and provide lists of residents during years between censuses. There may be gaps of several years for some counties. For more information see Arkansas Taxation.
- 1873 Faulkner County Land Owners Faulkner County ARGenWeb
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Arkansas Vital Records State Department of Health or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred. See also Arkansas Vital Records Online and Arkansas Statewide Indexes and Collections at the Family History Library.
- 1873-1952 - Faulkner County Marriage Books A-Z, 1-8 Index 1873-1952 in Arkansas, County Marriages, 1837-1957 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1873-1924 - Faulkner County Marriage Books B-R Index 1873-1924 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
- Faulkner County Marriages Faulkner County ARGenWeb
Vital Record Substitutes
Genealogy Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Faulkner County ArGenWeb
- Family History Library Catalog
- Faulkner County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Faulkner County, Arkansas
- Faulkner County Arkansas History on Facebook
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 67.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ FamilySearch Wiki contributors, "Arkansas County Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)," in FamilySearch Wiki, accessed 18 April 2013.
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/0/0d/Igiarkansasem.pdf.
- This page was last modified on 17 May 2013, at 20:30.
- This page has been accessed 2,956 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More