Fazeley, StaffordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Fazeley, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Tamworth PLU|
|Parish registers: 1816|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1843|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
FAZELEY, a district chapelry, in the parish and union of Tamworth, S. division of the hundred of Offlow and of the county of Stafford, 1½ mile (S.)from Tamworth. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Staffordshire BMD have indexes for births and deaths. Due to March 2011 reorganisation of the registration service for South Staffordshire districts the historical registration indexes for this district have been located at the Newcastle under Lyme registration district (formerly held at Lichfield) and applications for certificates need to be directed there. Please refer to the "Updates" page of Staffordshire BMD for further information.
Fazeley St Paul formerly a township in Tamworth, Staffordshire was formed in 1813
Fazeley parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|FAZELEY PARISH Online Records|
from this parish Fazeley St Barnabas (Mile Oak) was formed about 1955 No deposited records for this parish.
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Fazeley, Staffordshire 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474616.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 225-228. Date accessed: 23 October 2012.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (A-M), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 18 September 2013.
- ↑ Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
- This page was last modified on 4 November 2014, at 22:19.
- This page has been accessed 1,355 times.