Fiji Civil Registration- Vital RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Civil Registration started in Fiji in 1874 with the registration of marriages, followed in 1875 by deaths and in 1876 by births. The Indian population had some separate registers. Adoption records are available in our collection from 1945-1991. We have these records available in our collection. To access the film numbers you will need to do a place search in the FamilySearch Catalog. The following steps will help you find records for a specific locality in the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Go towww.familysearch.org
- Click the Library tab.
- Click FamilySearch Catalog.
- Click Place Search.
- Type the locality. "Fiji"
- Click Search.
- Click the locality that most closely matches the one you want.
- Click a topic, such as Church records.
- Click a title to see more details. The record may be in a book or on a film.
- Click View Film Notes to see the film numbers.
Tip: Once you have clicked a specific locality, you can click View Related Places to find localities related to the place you typed in step 5.
You can also send for copies of certificates from the Registration Office which is located at:
- Registrar General
Office of the Registrar General
Office of the Attorney General
Crown Law Office
Telephone: (011) 679-211-598
- This page was last modified on 25 July 2014, at 18:18.
- This page has been accessed 5,208 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More