Fillmore Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 25 South 300 West, Fillmore, Utah 94631
- Entrance is on the south side of the building
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Phone: 1-435-743-6614, ext. 3
Monday 1 - 4 pm Tuesday 10 am - 9 pm
Wednesday 1 - 9 pm
Thursday 1 - 9 pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed all National Holidays, Wednesday & Thursday of Thanksgiving, 1 week before Christmas until January 3
Calendar and Events
Pahvant Valley Family History Conference #4: Saturday, October 12, 2013
-- 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
-- Keynote speaker: Stan Ellsworth, host of American Ride on BYUTV
Staff Training Meetings
3rd Sunday of most months, 5:00 pm, Aaronic Priesthood Room at the Stake House
2014 'Family History Classes. All Classes will be at the Fillmore Family History Center'
Jan 14 Tues 1:00 and 7:00 "Oganizing Your Family History Papers"
Presenter: Sandra Raymond Jarvis
Jan 21 Tues 7:00 (tentative) "Using Hand Held Devices for Family History"
Presenter: Sherry Paxton
Feb 4 Tues 1:00 and 7:00 "Brand New FS Indexing"
Presenter: Loreta Whicker
Feb 13 Thurs 1:00 and 7:00 "Introducation to FamilySearch"
Presenter: Carma Swallow
Mar 4 Tues 1:00 and 7:00 "Digitizing Photos:
Presenter: Mary Anderson
Mar 11 Tues 11:00 and 7:00 "Beginning FamilySearch Series"
Presenter Melanie Davies
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 18 November 2013, at 16:38.
- This page has been accessed 577 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More