Finding Unrestricted Film Numbers for Selected Restricted IGI FilmsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
If the IGI (International Genealogical Index) source is one of the film numbers below, it is restricted from public access. It is not in the regular film collection at the Family History Library and cannot be ordered from family history centers.
These were family group sheets that had ordinances for living and deceased on the sheets. They are for the years 1942-1969 and are on 35mm film. These records are in the Special Collections section of the Family History Library. The restricted films were filmed again on16 mm film, with the living individuals removed.
An unrestricted copy of the same family group sheet may be found in the FamilySearch.org They are proxy substitutes, or substitute records for those who were deceased when the temple work was done.To access the unrestricted record:
- Search the list alphabetically by the name of the head of the household to find the film with the appropriate group sheet.
- Also check the Addendum to the FamilySearch.org.
- Obtain the film and search it for the group sheet.
- This page was last modified on 12 July 2011, at 14:12.
- This page has been accessed 2,817 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki