Finding a Genealogical Society in the United StatesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Here are some suggestions for finding genealogical societies in the U.S.A.:
1) Most Genealogical Societies can be found on cyndislist.com On the homepage you can search for a society or browse an alphabetical list of societies. To browse through the societies follow these steps:
- Go to cyndislist.com
- Scroll down on the homepage to the Societies and Groups section.
- Choose a letter of the alphabet and browse through the list
2) The Federation of Genealogical Societies has over 500 societies as members, this is where the Societies could be identified and searches can be done for specific locations under “Federation Member Societies”.
3) United States Societies has helps to find a society in the United States.
4) Try a Google search with the words “Genealogical Society plus area (e.g. Portland Oregon)” or Historical Society plus area. This will usually identify local specific resources.
5) You can also do a search of this site. Use the search box with a combination of the words Societies and the location of interest (e.g. Societies New York).
- This page was last modified on 18 November 2008, at 00:56.
- This page has been accessed 1,075 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News