Finland PeriodicalsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Most genealogical and historical societies in Finland publish magazines and newsletters. The articles often include:
- Family genealogies and pedigrees.
- Transcripts of church records and migration lists.
- Helpful articles on research methodology.
- Information about local records, archives, and services.
- Book advertisements and book reviews.
- Research advertisements.
- Requests for information about specific ancestors.
The Family History Library has the following Finnish genealogical periodicals:
- Genos: Suomen Sukututkimusseuran aikakauskirja/Genos: tidskrift utgiven av Genealogiska Samfundet i Finland (Genealogy: Periodical Published by the Genealogical Society in Finland). Helsinki: 1930–. (FHL book 948.97 D25g)
Sukutieto: datateknik (Computer Technique). Helsinki: Sukutietotekniikka ry, 1982–. (FHL book 948.97 D25sd)
- Sukuviesti: sukumme eilen ja tänään, sukuyhteisöjen yhteyslehti (Genealogical News: Our Family Yesterday and Today, Newsletter for the United Genealogical Societies). Espoo: SYT, 1978–. (FHL book 948.97 D25s)
Copies of periodicals are available from the local societies that publish them. Major archives with genealogical collections have copies of many periodicals, particularly those representing the area they serve.
The Family History Library subscribes to many periodicals. If you know the title of a periodical, use the Author/Title Search of the Family History Library Catalog. If you do not know the title, look in the Locality Search under:
FINLAND - PERIODICALS
FINLAND - GENEALOGY - PERIODICALS
FINLAND, [COUNTY] - PERIODICALS
FINLAND, [COUNTY] - GENEALOGY - PERIODICALS
See also Finland Societies for more information.
- This page was last modified on 1 December 2012, at 08:17.
- This page has been accessed 955 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More