Finland TaxationEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Most of the Finnish tax records available through the Family History Library are part of the Old and New Collections of Accounts, which are discussed in Finland Public Records.
The silver tax records have been extracted and published separately. Each province has been published in separate volumes, which enumerate the tax paying farm owners by localities:
- Fontell, A. G. Varsinais-Suomen hopeavero ja hopeaveroluettelo v. 1571: Egentliga Finlands silfverskatt och silferskatteregister för år 1571 (Silver Tax and Silver Tax Register for the Year 1571 for the Province of Finland Proper). Helsinki: Suomen Historiallinen Seura, 1892. (Not at the Family History Library)
- Soikkeli, Kaarle. Uudenmaan hopeavero ja hopeaveroluettelo v. 1571: Nylands silfverskatt och silfverskatteregister för år 1571 (Silver Tax and Silver Tax Register for the Year 1571 for the Province of Uusimaa). Helsinki: Suomen Historiallinen Seura, 1912. (FHL book 948.971 R4s.)
- Suomen Hopeaveroluettelot 1571/Finlands Silverskatteregister 1571 (Silver Tax Registers of Finland, 1571). Helsinki: Suomalaisen Kirjallisuuden Seura, 1944–87. (FHL book 948.97 R4s; computer number 110807.) This work includes the provinces not listed in the two previous sources.
The original silver tax records that these books were extracted from can be found in the Old Collection of Accounts by province for 1571.
Many other types of tax records included in the Old and New Collections of Accounts have not been published separately.
- This page was last modified on 1 December 2012, at 08:16.
- This page has been accessed 1,656 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page