First Families and Early Settlers of Montana, Volumes I and IIEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Montana State Genealogical Society has published pioneer books, submitted by descendants, titled
The following information for each of the two volumes may be found in the online index:
- Volume number
- Page number
To find the index:
- Go to: http://www.rootsweb.com/!mtmsgs/ www.rootsweb.com/!mtmsgs/
- Click: First Families on the left column
- Scroll down to: See samples of Vol. I and Vol 2.
- Click: See index for each volume.
The full information may include:
- Name of husband and wife
- Birth, marriage and death information
- Name of submitter
- Sources of proof
- Stories about the settlers (about half of a printed page)
Here are several options in accessing the full information:
- 1. You may purchase Volume 1 and/or Volume 2. There is an online order form on the website.
- 2. A microfilm copy of the first volume and a microfiche copy of the second volume is in the Family History Library collection. Do a Title Search in the online Family History Library Catalog to obtain the film/fiche number.
or do a Google.com search for Montana first families/early settlers
The indexes (by submitter or settler) to the first two volumes are free on the website.
- This page was last modified on 30 July 2008, at 11:42.
- This page has been accessed 742 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More