Fishers Indiana Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Fishers Indiana Family History Center has been helping family history researchers since 1983. Located North of 116th Street between I-69 and Allisonville Road at 777 Sunblest Blvd. in Sunblest, the Fishers Indiana Family History Center offers easy access, plenty of parking, flexible hours and several well-trained and enthusiastic staff members to help guide your research. After remodel and upgrade during the Summer of 2013, the Fishers Family History Center offers free wireless internet, use of computers and digital imaging equipment, and free use of our premium subscription websites such as: The 19th Century British Library Newspapers digital archive, Access Newspaper Archives, Alexander Street Press, American Civil War, Ancestry.com, ArkivDigital Online, Find My Past, Fold3, Heritage Quest Online, Historic Map Works Library Edition, Legacy Stories, Origins.net, Paper Trail, World Vital Records and more!
Center Contacts and Hours
- 777 Sunblest Blvd Fishers IN 46038 United States
- 3rd Saturday:12:00pm-4:00pm
- Other hours by appointment
Holiday Schedule: Closed for the Holidays, Nov. 24th-29th and Dec. 22, 2014 thru Jan. 10, 2015
*Closed all major holidays and Closed for weather problems: Note, Closed when Hamilton County Schools are closed or when there are travel or weather advisories for Hamilton County.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Staff Training is the 2nd Friday each Month and is for all Staff, including Volunteers, and anyone with a Family History Calling is welcome to attend. It is from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM in the Fishers Family History Center.
- This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- 19th Century Bristish Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War Research Database - Letters and Diaries - Images, Photographs, Posters, and Ephemera
- ArkivDigital Online
- Find My Past
- Fold3.com (Previously known as Footnote.com)
- Heritage Quest Online
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- World Vital Records
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers and Headphones
- Microfilm/microfiche Readers
- Digital Imaging System to copy and digitize microfilm/microfiche records.
- Flatbed Scanner to copy and digitize photos, slides, negatives, and documents.
- Lexmark Scanner that has the ability to scan photos and documents directly into Family Tree.
- Free Wifi for personal computers and tablets.
- Computers and Headphones
Staff Research Specialties
(Include sections for any other services your center provides. Add additional sections for those services.)
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We are always looking for volunteers! If you have a desire, we have a time slot for you, whether it is once a month or more! Read a foreign language? We have need of volunteers who can translate text/documents for patrons. If you can volunteer for this, please contact us also!
- This page was last modified on 19 November 2014, at 00:20.
- This page has been accessed 1,744 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page