Folkington, SussexEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Eastbourne PLU|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1606|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) of Chichester for the Archdeaconry of Lewes|
|Location of Archive|
|Sussex Record Office|
FOLKINGTON (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Eastbourne, hundred of Longbridge, rape of Pevensey, E. division of Sussex, 18 miles (S. S. E.) from Uckfield.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
For civil registration history see Eastbourne registration district
Certificates may be obtained from
East Sussex The Register Office Town Hall Grove Road
Eastbourne BN21 4UG Phone 01323 464780 Fax01323 431386 email email@example.com
Folkington, Sussex parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|Folkington, Sussex Parish Online Records|
Link to the Family History Catalogue showing film numbers in their collection Folkington
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464162.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Sussex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Lewis, Samauel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 248-250. Date accessed: 27 September 2013
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Sussex, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 3 January 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 15 December 2013.
- This page was last modified on 30 June 2014, at 20:36.
- This page has been accessed 1,048 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki