Fort Sill Indian School (Oklahoma)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
At least some of the records for this school are in the National Archives Southwest Region (Ft. Worth), Texas, including student case files, 1937-1980.
A census of the pupils of Fort Sill Boarding School in 1920 is part of the regular federal census for that year. The listing is at the end of the listing for Lawton Township, Commanche County, Oklahoma (Enumeration District 129, Sheets 15A, 15B, and 16A).
A census of the employees and pupils of Fort Sill School in 1930 is part of the regular federal census for that year. The listing is part of the listing for Lawton Town, Comanche County, Oklahoma (Enumeration District #16-24, Sheet 6B).
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- This page was last modified on 27 December 2010, at 17:45.
- This page has been accessed 970 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More