Fort Smith Arkansas Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Fort Smith, Arkansas Family History Center serves anyone in western Arkansas or eastern Oklahoma with their genealogy research. We have up-to-date computers that are equipped with premium family websites that would cost an individual over $2000 a year in subscription fees. There is no cost to visit the Family History Center and everyone with an interest in genealogical research is welcome.
Center Contacts and Hours
- Location Map
- 8712 Horan Drive, Fort Smith, AR 72903-4360 United States
- The entrance is on the west side of the building. Please knock as the door may be locked during center hours.
FHC Director: Mary Lue Mondier 479-462-5028
- Tuesday 8am.-4pm
- Wednesday 6pm.-9pm
- Thursday 9am.-6pm
- 2 and 4th Saturday 10am.- 2pm.
- New Years Day
- When Fort Smith Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather.
RESEARCH NIGHTS are held on the second Wednesday evening of the month at 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Trained consultants will be on hand to assist you. This is also open to the public.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- The Fort Smith Family History Center has a great collection of genealogy books from neighboring counties and native american resources.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
Computers, printer/scanner/copier, microfilm and microfiche readers are available to patrons.
Staff Research Specialties
=== Resources in the Local Area ===
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Fort Smith Public Library Genealogy Department. http://www.fortsmithlibrary.org/genmain.html
Crawford County, Arkansas FamilySearch WIKI
Volunteer at the Center
Anyone with a sincere interest in helping others with their family history research while expanding their own skills are welcomed and encouraged to contact the center. Hours are flexible. The most important thing to bring with you is a desire to serve others.
- This page was last modified on 25 July 2014, at 18:18.
- This page has been accessed 1,301 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More