Franklin County, MaineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Franklin County Maine genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Franklin County, Maine|
Location in the state of Maine
|Founded||March 20, 1838|
|Address|| Franklin County Courthouse|
38 Main Street
Farmington, ME 04938
Franklin County Website
Town clerks have birth, marriage, death and burial records. Clerk Superior Court has divorce records from 1852 and court records. Register of Deeds has land records. Probate Judge has probate records. 
Places / Localities
Unorganized territories. For further details see Maine townships.
- East Central Franklin
- North Franklin
- Township 2 R3 West of Bingham's Kennebec Purchase (Lang)
- Township 3 R3 West of Bingham's Kennebec Purchase (Davis)
- Township 2 R4 West of Bingham's Kennebec Purchase (Tim Pond)
- Township 3 R4 West of Bingham's Kennebec Purchase (Stetsontown)
- Township 1 R5 West of Bingham's Kennebec Purchase (Jim Pond)
- Township 2 R5 West of Bingham's Kennebec Purchase (Alder Stream)
- Township 3 R5 West of Bingham's Kennebec Purchase (Seven Ponds)
- Township 1 R6 West of Bingham's Kennebec Purchase (Kibby)
- Township 2 R6 West of Bingham's Kennebec Purchase (Chain of Ponds)
- Township 3 R6 West of Bingham's Kennebec Pur. (Massachusetts Gore)
- Township 1 R7 West of Bingham's Kennebec Purchase (Skinner)
- Township 2 R7 West of Bingham's Kennebec Purchase (Merrill Strip)
- Gore N. of Twp 2 & 3 R6 W. of Bingham's Kennebec Pur. (Coburn Gore)
- Township 1 R8 West of Bingham's Kennebec Purchase (Lowelltown)
- Township 2 R8 West of Bingham's Kennebec Purchase (Beattie)
- Gore N. of Twp 1 R8 West of Bingham's Kennebec Pur. (Gorham Gore)
- South Franklin
- West Central Franklin
- Township 6 North of Weld
- Township E
- Township D
- Township 4 R3 Bingham's Kennebec Purchase West of the Kennebec River (Wyman)
Communities • Chisholm • Farmington • Wilton
Avon Valley Road Cemetery
Take the Avon Valley Road, off Route 4, in Avon. Go to the old school house. Cemetery is about 1/2 mile beyond the schoolhouse on the left. Can be seen from the road.
Day Mountain Cemetery
Located on Day Mountain Road near Avon/Temple Line. In Terrible Condition No Roads in to it. Must Hike About 2 1/2 Miles
Knott Burial Plot
On the left North of the Townhouse 1.4 miles South of Phillips Townline
Mile Square Cemetery
Dates after 1986 taken from Franklin Journal
Mount Blue Cemetery
Going North on Route #4 Take Left at Town House. Go 1.8 Miles Up The Hill. Cemetery On Left in Good Condition
Located On Route #4 Just South Of The Town House
Cemetery located on State Route 4 about 1 mile West of the Strong Town line.
Leave Phillips On Route #149 South Toward Strong, Maine. Go 2.6 Miles, Cemetery Down Over the Banking On Right. In Pasture of "Old Voter Farm"
Leave Weld Village heading toward Carthage. Go about 3 miles to Podunk Pond Rd. Take this Rd. for about 3 miles onto Storer Hill. The Cemetery is on the left.
Storer Hill Cemetery
Leave Weld Village heading toward Carthage. Go about 3 miles toPodunk Pond Rd. Take this Rd. ofr about 1.5 miles onto Storer Hill. The Cemetery is on the left at the crest of the hill. Old fencing around cemetery.
Tainter Corner Cemetery
The Cemetery is located off Route 2 west of Wilton toward the Village of East Dixfield. Three (3) miles out of the East Dixfield toward Rumford is the Town Line between Wilton & Carthage. One (1) mile beyond the town line marker is a right turn. Take this turn - cemetery is located just a short distance on the right. Somewhat overgrown with stones broken and down. Old house beyond cemetery was onece the Tainter Corner Post Office.
Berry Mills Cemetery
Land and Property
Maine Newspaper Archive. Indexes free; Digital page images $ (GenealogyBank $) Twenty-two early Maine 18th and 19th century newspapers, 1785-1898 online. Indexes (free); digital images ($). These newspapers are from Augusta, Bangor, Belfast, Brunswick, Castine, Eastport, Falmouth, Hallowell, Kennebunk, Portland, Saco and Wiscasset.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Franklin County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Franklin County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Franklin County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Franklin County
- Franklin County Genealogy (Maine Genealogy)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 304, Franklin County, Maine. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Before an extinct town (or plantation) was discontinued, it created official town records of interest to genealogists. For preservation these records were usually turned over to a nearby functioning town in the same county.
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 97. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
|This Maine-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 19 May 2013, at 00:32.
- This page has been accessed 1,836 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More