Frindsbury, Kent GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Frindsbury, Kent ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Frindsbury All Saints Kent
|Poor Law Union||North Aylesford PLU|
|Registration District||North Aylesford|
|Parish registers: 1669|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1718|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Rochester|
|Location of Archive|
|Kent Record Office|
FRINDSBURY (All Saints), a parish, in the union of North Aylesford, hundred of Shamwell, lathe of Aylesford, W. division of Kent, 2 miles (N. by W.) from Rochester. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.
Frindsbury All Saints is an Ancient parish and includes in the civil parish Frindsbury, Frindsbury Extra Wainscott and Upnor. The parish is in the Diocese of Rochester and a map of the parish boundary is available at A church near you
The church dates from 1074 and was rebuilt in 1127 anwith subsequent 14th century addtions and was restored in 1884.
Frindbury is on the opposite bank of the River medway from Rochester and the ancient parish was that of the Bishop of Rochester with the purpose of earning income for the bishop.
See All Saints Frindsbury Wikipedia Kent Archeological Society and Edward Hasted The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 3 (1797), pp. 525-546 at British History Online and Kent Churches website
and registrations from July 1837 to the present day are held at
The Register Office
Telephone 01634 338902
Fax 01634 338913
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Frindsbury, Kent Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS BTs = England, Kent, Bishop's Transcripts (FamilySearch) - free|
|MED = Medway Ancestors - free|
|Frindsbury, Kent Genealogy Online Parish Records|
||1669-1837; 1758-1787 (Banns)||
||1669-1734, 1813-1922|| |
From Spring 2012 material formerly held at
Centre for Kentish Studies,County Hall,Maidstone,Kent ME14 1XX
is available at Kent History and Library Centre see Kent Archives which also enables a search of the catalogue for Kent Archives material deposited at Canterbury Cathedral Archives
Frindsbury All Saints Baptisms marriages and Burials1669-1959 reference P 150
digital images may be searched online at Medway Archives City Ark project http://cityark.medway.gov.uk
Family History Library film numbers
See also England, Kent, Parish Registers and Bishop's Transcripts (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records.
FamilySearch Records includes collections of census indexes which can be searched online for free. In addition FamilySearch Centres offer free access to images of the England and Wales Census through FHC Portal Computers here have access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Category:England Family History Centres to locate local Family History Centres in UK
Introduction to LDS Family History Centers to locate outside UK.
Many archives and local history collections in public libraries in England and Wales offer online census searches and also hold microfilm or fiche census returns.
Images of the census for 1841-1891 can be viewed in census collections at Ancestry (fee payable) or Find My Past (fee payable)
The 1851 census of England and Wales attempted to identify religious places of worship in addition to the household survey census returns.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Kent Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Local Family History Centre
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Publication of the restricted access images England, Kent, Wills and Probate (FamilySearch Historical Records) and England, Kent, Land Tax Assessments (FamilySearch Historical Records) means that it is advisable to telephone the centre to reserve a computer if you wish to view these
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 263-266. Date accessed: 1 August 2013.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 7 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Coverage of Kent parish marriage records', Find My Past, accessed 6 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Coverage of Kent parish banns', Find My Past, accessed 5 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Kent Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 6 November 2013.
- ↑ 'England, Kent, Bishop's Transcripts, 1560-1911,' FamilySearch, accessed 11 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Medway Ancestors Imagebase: list of parishes, in alphabetical order', Cityark, accessed 8 November 2013.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- This page was last modified on 1 April 2015, at 22:54.
- This page has been accessed 3,954 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More