Frisco, Utah LDS Church Wards and BranchesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p 269-70.
- Online through BYU Books. (Free) In the Text search box, type the town or unit name and click Go. Select page numbers (tiny) at the right to see the page.
- Also available through Ancestry.com ($).
Church Units and Boundaries as of 1941
Frisco, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches: Discontinued in 1911. While active, the congregation consisted of the mining towns of Frisco and Grampton. It was part of Beaver Stake.
Stake: Beaver Stake, Utah
Obtain the Records
Records up to about 1948 are available, usually on microfilm.
- List of Church records. of Frisco, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches in the FamilySearch Library.
- Check the Church History Library for additional records.
History Timeline to 1941
This timeline (arranged by year) includes events that affected records, record-keeping, and movements of Mormons in this area.
- ____ - 1911. The town depended upon the Horn Silver Mine, the terminus of a branch of the Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad.
- 1881, June 27. Organized as a branch.
- 1882, March. 36 people belonged to the branch. "It seems that this first branch organization was not continued...."
- 1897, April 25. Reorganized. They met alternately at the school house in Frisco and the hall at Grampton.
- 1905, January 22. Frisco was organized as a ward.
- 1911. The mines were closed and most of the saints moved away. Those that remained were transferred to Milford Ward.
- This page was last modified on 3 January 2013, at 03:32.
- This page has been accessed 891 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page