Fulton County, IndianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Fulton County Indiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Fulton County, Indiana|
Location of Indiana in the U.S.
|Founded||February 7, 1835|
|Address|| Fulton County Courthouse|
815 Main Street
Rochester, IN 46975
- Cemeteries - INGenWeb
- Fulton County, Indiana: Cemeteries -Linkpendium
For tips on accessing Fulton County, Indiana census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Fulton County ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Census 1840
- Census 1850
- Census 1860
- Census 1870
- Census 1880
- Census 1900 Part 1
- Census 1900 Part 2
- Census 1910 Part 1
- Census 1910 Part 2
- Census 1920 Part 1
- Census 1920 Part 2
- Census 1930 Part 1
- Census 1930 Part 2
- Early Settlers of Fulton County ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Directory of Businesses in Fulton County, Indiana (1858, 1868) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic and Religious Groups
- Barnhart, Henry A. 1981. History of Indiana from its exploration to 1922. (Rochester, Ind. (700 Pontiac St., Rochester, Ind., 46975): Tombaugh Pub. House. ) also Barnhart, Henry A., and Logan Esarey. 1923. An account of Fulton County: from its organization. (Dayton, Ohio: Dayton Historical Pub. Co.) 977.287 H2a FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other library
- Tombaugh, Wendell C. and John B. FULTON COUNTY INDIANA HANDBOOK (Tombaugh House, Rockester, Indiana) Web Page
Land and Property
- Fulton County, Indiana: Maps and Gazetteers - Linkpendium
- List of Pensioners on the Roll January 1, 1883 Fulton County, Indiana (Source: Internet Archive)
Civil War service men from Fulton County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Fulton County
- 5th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry (90th Regiment, Indiana Volunteers), Company I
- 9th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company G
- 26th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company A
- 29th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companues D, and H
- 46th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 87th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, D, E, and F
- 128th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company G
- 155th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, and G
- 28th US Colored Troops, Addition Recruits for Colored Troops
Civil War Books
- "Military" Chapter 5 in Barnhart, Henry A. 1981. History of Indiana from its exploration to 1922. (Rochester, Ind. (700 Pontiac St., Rochester, Ind., 46975): Tombaugh Pub. House. ) also Barnhart, Henry A., and Logan Esarey. 1923. An account of Fulton County: from its organization. (Dayton, Ohio: Dayton Historical Pub. Co.), (page 69-74, Regiment, Companies), 977.287 H2a FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other library
World War I (The Great War), 1914-1918
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 Fulton County (Source: Explore Ancestry for free) ($)
World War II, 1941-1945
- Fulton County, Indiana World War II Casualties, Army and Army Air Corps (Source: AccessGenealogy)
(abount Military from Linkpendium)
Naturalization and Citizenship
Fulton County Courthouse
815 Main Street
Rochester, IN 46975
County Clerk has marriage, divorce, probate and
court records from 1836.
County Health Department has birth and death records.
County recorder has land records. 
Family History Centers
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892 - Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992 - FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959 - FamilySearch
- 1907-1918 - Fulton County Marriage Index 1907-1918 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
- Fulton County Death Records 1882-1920
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Death, E-Publication, Instiution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920 - FamilySearch
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Fulton County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Fulton County, Indiana 212 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/9/91/Igiindiana.pdf.
- This page was last modified on 3 June 2013, at 18:01.
- This page has been accessed 2,085 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More