Furneux Pelham, Hertfordshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Furneux Pelham, Hertfordshire|
|Poor Law Union||Bishop’s Stortford|
|Registration District||Bishop Stortford|
|Parish registers: 1560|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1829|
|Diocese||Pre-1846 - London; Post-1845 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Pre-1845 - Court of the Peculiar of the Dean and Chapter of St Paul's Cathedral; Post-1844 - Court of the Archdeaconry of St Albans|
|Location of Archive|
|Hertfordshire Record Office|
Furneux-Pelham, is a parish in the Bishop-Stortford district of Hertfordshire; it is on the river Ash. It is 3 1/2 miles E of West Mill railway station, and 5 1/2 miles NNW of Bishop-Stortford. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Furneux Pelham, Hertfordshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Furneux Pelham, Hertfordshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288830.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hertfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Furneux Pelham on GENUKI
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72. Adapted. Date accessed: 12 January 2014.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 13 December 2013.
- ↑ 'The Hertfordshire Collection,' findmypast, accessed 5 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Hertfordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 3 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Marriages and Marriage Licences (1538-1922),' Hertfordshire County Council, accessed 6 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Hertford, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 11 December 2013.
- ↑ Hertfordshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 12 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 12 December 2013.
- This page was last modified on 13 June 2015, at 14:35.
- This page has been accessed 1,469 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News