GaliciaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Galicia ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, parish registers, and military records.
Galicia may refer to:
- Galicia, Spain, autonomous community of Spain, with the official status of a nationality
- Suebic Kingdom of Galicia, a post-Roman kingdom in the Iberian Peninsula
- Kingdom of Galicia, a medieval kingdom
- Republic of Galicia, an ephemeral passage in the history of Galicia that only lasted one day
- Galicia or Halychyna, a historical region spanning southeastern Poland and western Ukraine. Over the last few centuries Galicia or Galacia has changed hands a number of times. It has been part of Austria, Poland and the Ukraine.
- Principality of Galicia–Volhynia or Kingdom of Rus, a medieval kingdom
- Kingdom of Galicia and Lodomeria, a crown land of the Austrian Empire and, later, of Austria-Hungary
- West Galicia, a short-lived administrative region of the Austrian Empire, eventually merged into the Kingdom of Galicia and Lodomeria
- District Galicia, a district of the General Government during the World War II occupation of Poland by Nazi Germany
- Galicia, Philippines, a barangay in Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Nueva Galicia, a region of New Spain, now in Mexico
- Nueva Galicia, an old name applied to the Chiloé Archipelago in southern Chile
|This disambiguation page lists articles about places with the same name.|
- This page was last modified on 26 February 2015, at 15:17.
- This page has been accessed 1,584 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More