GaliciaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Galicia may refer to:
- Galicia, Spain, autonomous community of Spain, with the official status of a nationality
- Suebic Kingdom of Galicia, a post-Roman kingdom in the Iberian Peninsula
- Kingdom of Galicia, a medieval kingdom
- Republic of Galicia, an ephemeral passage in the history of Galicia that only lasted one day
- Galicia or Halychyna, a historical region spanning southeastern Poland and western Ukraine. Over the last few centuries Galicia or Galacia has changed hands a number of times. It has been part of Austria, Poland and the Ukraine.
- Principality of Galicia–Volhynia or Kingdom of Rus, a medieval kingdom
- Kingdom of Galicia and Lodomeria, a crown land of the Austrian Empire and, later, of Austria-Hungary
- West Galicia, a short-lived administrative region of the Austrian Empire, eventually merged into the Kingdom of Galicia and Lodomeria
- District Galicia, a district of the General Government during the World War II occupation of Poland by Nazi Germany
- Galicia, Philippines, a barangay in Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Nueva Galicia, a region of New Spain, now in Mexico
- Nueva Galicia, an old name applied to the Chiloé Archipelago in southern Chile
|This disambiguation page lists articles about places with the same name.|
- This page was last modified on 25 November 2013, at 20:57.
- This page has been accessed 1,248 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki