Garfield County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Garfield County, Kansas was established in March 23,1887, never organized and was defunct by March 18, 1893. Kansas Historical Society
Origin of Name
Garfield County was named in honor of of James Abram Garfield (1831-1881), the twentieth president of the United States. Kansas Historical Society
Garfield County in 1892, it was decided Garfield County was illegally organized ; the territory comprises Finney County, today. More infomation can be gained at Kansas Historical Society
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. Kansas
- Family History Library Catalog
- Finney County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- This page was last modified on 18 June 2013, at 14:33.
- This page has been accessed 542 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More