Genealogical SocietiesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The following are ways to find local genealogical societies and some of their resources that can help you and that you can contribute to.
- Do a search on this web site for a specific location and Societies. e.g (Utah Societies)
- There is a Federation of Genealogical Societies that has over 500 societies as members. Go to Federation of Genealogical Societies to identify them and to search for specific locations under “Federation Member Societies” or Society Hall.
- Try a Google search with the words “Genealogical Society + [area] (e.g. Portland Oregon)” or Historical Society + [area]. This will usually identify local specific resources.
- The United States Societies page has helpful information about genealogical societies.
- Cyndi's List has links to many societies of interest to genealogists.
- This page was last modified on 31 August 2010, at 17:04.
- This page has been accessed 1,137 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More