Georgia GazetteersEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Several guides to places in Georgia have been published, including:
- Hemperley, Marion R. Cities, Towns, and Communities of Georgia Between 1847-1962. Easley, S.C.: Southern Historical Press, 1980. FHL Book 975.8 E2h.
- Krakow, Kenneth K. Georgia Place-Names. Macon, Ga.: Winship Press, 1975. FHL Book 975.8 E2k.
- Sherwood, Adiel. A Gazetteer of the State of Georgia. 1827. Reprint, Athens, Ga.: University of Georgia Press, 1939. 1837 edition available for free online at Google Books; FHL Book 975.8 E5s; Microfilm 928236 item 8; 1829 edition: FHL Film 164709.
For river landings, see:
- Adams, Louis A. Adam's Directory of Points and Landings on Rivers and Bayous in the States of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Iowa, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin. (includes Tennessee) New Orleans : W.L. Murray, 1877. Digital version at Internet Archive.
- This page was last modified on 10 July 2012, at 17:13.
- This page has been accessed 2,014 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More