Georgia Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm. See Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions on ordering microfilm as well as finding a local FamilySearch Center where you can view the films.
Question #1: When searching for marriages in Crawford County, Georgia, I cannot find any search result with just the marriage event place: Crawford. Where are the Crawford County, Georgia marriages?
Answer #1: The Crawford County, Georgia marriages can be found by searching by Batch Number: M71261-1. Please note that the reference to marriage event place of "Ouachita, Arkansas" is incorrect. A review of Film 417016: Georgia. Court of Ordinary (Crawford County) Marriages and index, 1823-1943 confirms that the marriage place is actually Crawford County, Georgia.
Question #2: There seem to be records in this collection with marriage dates outside the parameters of the title description. Can you explain that?
Answer #2: There appears to be more than one issue here:
- There are 106 entries that are later than the 1967 date. These appear to be mostly transcription errors. Although according to the title description on the homepage of the collection – “the year range represents most of the records. A few records may be earlier or later”.
- There are marriage records in the collection that are outside the year range of the collection in the Jones Chapel church records in Madison, Georgia. Many of these marriages can be found in other collections with the correct marriage location given, by doing a general search.
Question #3: Records from Film 175290 and Batch M71306-2 are all German names. Are these records really from Henry County, Georgia?
Answer #3: These marriage records are from Evangelisch, Hoerste Halle, Westfalen, Prussia and are correctly indexed under Batch Number:M96714-3, Film Number:473567. You will have to order Film 175290 Marriages (white and colored) 1851-1885, Georgia. Court of Ordinary (Henry County).
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Georgia Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Georgia Marriages, 1808-1967 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 13 October 2014, at 04:38.
- This page has been accessed 926 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki