Germany, Baden-Württemberg, Kreis Rems-Murr, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
Title in the Language of the Record
Deutschland, Baden-Württemberg, Kreis Rems-Murr,Zivilstandsregister, 1876-1981
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
These civil registration records may contain information about births, marriages, and deaths:
Birth Registers usually include:
- Name of Declarant/Father
- Declarant's Age, Occupation and Residence
- Name and Gender of Child
- Date and Place of Birth
- Parents' Names, including Maiden Name of Mother
- Names of Witnesses or Godparents, their Age, Occupation and Residence
Marriage Registers usually include:
- Name of Bride
- Name of Groom
- Date and Place of Marriage
- Groom's Age, Marital Status, Occupation and Residence
- Names of Groom's Parents, including Maiden Name of Mother
- Bride's Age, Marital Status, Occupation and Residence
- Names of Bride's Parents, including Maiden Name of Mother
- Birthplaces of Bride and Groom
- Date of the Marriage
- Witnesses' Names, Age and Occupation
Death Registers usually include:
- Date and Place of Death and Burial
- Name and Age of Deceased
- Cause of Death
- Father of Deceased and his Occupation
- Date and Birthplace of Deceased
- Marital Status of Deceased
- If Married, the Name of the Spouse
How to Use the Record
As you are searching it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor's given name and surname, some identifying information such as residence, age, and family relationships. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
To search the collection image by image, ⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the appropriate "Standesamt" or “registry office.”
⇒Select the appropriate "Quellengattung or “type of source” und “Zeitraum" or “period of time” which takes you to the images.
|FHL Place Germany, Baden-Württemberg, Kreis Rems-Murr items or FHL Keyword Germany, Baden-Württemberg, Kreis Rems-Murr items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Germany Archives and Libraries.|
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in German. For help with reading the records, see the following resources:
Tips to Keep in Mind
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
- Use the estimated age to calculate a birth date.
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
- Titles may be clues to property ownership, occupations, rank, or status within the community.
Unable to Find your Ancestor?
- Check for variant spellings of the names.
- Search the records of nearby localities .
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citations for This Collection
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information; that is, cite your sources. This will help people find the record again and evaluate the reliability of the source. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records. Citations are available for the collection as a whole and each record or image individually.
- “Germany, Baden-Württemberg, Kreis Rems-Murr, Civil Registration 1876-1981.” Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org: accessed 2014. Citing Kriesarchive Rems-Murr.
|The citation for an image will be available on each image once the collection is published.|
- This page was last modified on 13 November 2014, at 17:58.
- This page has been accessed 1,512 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page