Germany Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: Many Germany indexed death and burial records include in the Death Place name, a reference to Evangelisch or Katholisch. These terms are religious affiliations (Protestant or Catholic), not place names.
Question #1: Records that were previously viewed in this collection may not currently be available online. Where can these missing records be found?
Answer #1: Since all of the records were extracted from microfilms, any missing records can be located by searching the Library Catalog and viewing the relevant films at a FamilySearch Center. For instructions on ordering microfilm please see: Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche.
Question #2: Sometimes a Batch will list the wrong location for the marriage. How can I find the correct location?
Answer #2: You may find the Batch number in the table below, which consists of incorrect locations along with correct locations that have been reported. We also included the film number which you can order and view at your local FamilySearch Center. Instruction for doing this can be found at Ordering Microfilm and Microfiche. Verifying the correct marriage location requires viewing the microfilm.
|BATCH||INCORRECT LOCATION||CORRECT LOCATION||FILM NUMBER|
|M93738-2||Rinklingen||Rinklingen||1238360, Items 1-4|
|M93738-2||Rinklingen||Koenigbach||1238360, Items 5-8|
|M94573-4||Schmidt, Rhineland, Preussia||Schleiden||936138|
|M00683-0||Hessox-Nassau, Prussia||Niederrol, Hessen-Nassau, Prussia||342482|
|M95415-2||Bodnegg, Donaukreis, Wuerttemberg||Auggen, Baden||1189423|
Question #3: Some indexed entries have missing or incorrect information regarding the birth date, birth place, baptism/christening place, or film number. Is the missing/correct information available?
Answer #3: Known specifics concerning missing or incorrect information regarding the birth date, birth place, baptism/christening place, or film number are listed below:
- The correct film number for batch M99610-2 is not film # 70740 as given on the record details page but film # 70741.
- There are duplicate indexed records for batch M93048-1 with different films (815860 and 1189644). The correct duplicate indexed record for Batch M93048-1 is the one associated with Film 1189644 and the marriage place of Evangelisch, Hesselhurst, Offenburg, Baden.
- Records from Film 1340378 should have an Event Place of Naunheim, Hessen-Nassau, Preußen, Germany.
- Indexed records from Film 584840 with event place: Buchholz Boppard, Rheinland, Prussia should contain event place: Buchholz (Eckfeld), Rheinland, Preußen, Germany
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Germany Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Germany, Marriages, 1558-1929 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 10 February 2015, at 02:25.
- This page has been accessed 1,887 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More