Germany Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: Records that were previously viewed in this collection may not currently be available on-line. Where can these missing records be found?
Answer #1: Since all of the records were extracted from microfilms, any missing records can be located by searching the Library Catalog and viewing the relevant films at a FamilySearch Center. For instructions on ordering microfilm please see: Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche.
Question #2: Sometimes a Batch will list the wrong location for the marriage. How can I find the correct location?
Answer #2: You may find the Batch number in the table below, which consists of incorrect locations along with correct locations that have been reported. We also included the film number which you can order and view at your local FamilySearch Center. Instruction for doing this can be found at Ordering Microfilm and Microfiche. Verifying the correct marriage location requires viewing the microfilm.
|BATCH||INCORRECT LOCATION||CORRECT LOCATION||FILM NUMBER|
|M93738-2||Rinklingen||Rinklingen||1238360, Items 1-4|
|M93738-2||Rinklingen||Koenigbach||1238360, Items 5-8|
|M94573-4||Schmidt, Rhineland, Preussia||Schleiden||936138|
|M00683-0||Hessox-Nassau, Prussia||Niederrol, Hessen-Nassau, Prussia||342482|
|M95415-2||Bodnegg, Donaukreis, Wuerttemberg||Auggen, Baden||1189423|
Question #3: The film number given on the record details page is sometimes incorrect. Can you tell me the correct film number?
Answer #3: A list with the correct film numbers we currently know of is as follows:
- The correct film number for batch M99610-2 is not film # 70740 as given on the record details page but film # 70741.
- There are duplicate indexed records for batchM93048-1 with different films (815860 and 1189644). The correct duplicate indexed record for Batch M93048-1 is the one associated with Film 1189644 and the marriage place of Evangelisch, Hesselhurst, Offenburg, Baden.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Germany Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Germany, Marriages, 1558-1929 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 21 July 2014, at 17:29.
- This page has been accessed 1,516 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki