Gloucester St Michael, Gloucestershire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Gloucester St Michael, Gloucestershire|
|Hundred||Dudstone and King's Barton; Gloucester City|
|Poor Law Union||Gloucester PLU|
|Parish registers: 1553|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1602|
|Diocese||Pre 1836 - Gloucester; Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Gloucestershire Record Office|
Gloucester St Michael is an Ancient Parish in the county of Gloucestershire. Other places in the parish include: St Michael's Barton and Barton St Michael. Non-Church of England denominations identified in Gloucester St Michael include: Baptist, Presbyterian Unitarian, and Wesleyan Methodist. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a non-Church of England denomination located somewhere in Gloucester, but the exact parish has not been identified. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Gloucester St Michael, Gloucestershire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FHSO = FHSOnline - (£)|
|FREG = FreeReg.org.uk|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|GLOUCESTER ST MICHAEL PARISH Online Records|
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Non Conformist Churches
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288769.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Gloucestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
- ↑ http://maps.familysearch.org/
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1813,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Marriages, 1754-1938,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Burials, 1813-1988,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Coverage for the Gloucestershire Marriages database,' FHS Online, accessed 5 May 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
[[[Category:Parishes in Gloucestershire]]
- This page was last modified on 7 June 2015, at 16:27.
- This page has been accessed 1,937 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News