Godfrey Memorial LibraryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Godfrey Memorial Library, is a library that specializes in genealogy and history, located in Middletown, Connecticut which incorporated in 1947 and opened it's doors in May, 1951. The Godfrey Library is has approximately 200,000 books and periodicals in its collection which includes state and local histories, family histories, biographies, church records, funeral records, cemetery records, military records, maps, and more. The library is physically located in Middletown, however, subscribers have access to online collections.
The purpose of the Godfrey Memorial Library is to promote the study of family history by:
- Inspiring individuals in all sectors of society to study their heritage and their own place in history.
- Supporting educational activities that create enthusiasm for family research.
- Making genealogical and historical resources available to all on a national and international level by continuing the expansion, modernization, and distribution of the collection of print, electronic manuscript and other information media as technology develops.
- This page was last modified on 7 July 2014, at 06:28.
- This page has been accessed 1,814 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki