Godney, SomersetEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Godney, Somerset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Wells PLU|
|Parish registers: 1741|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Wells|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
GODNEY, a chapelry, in the parish of Meare, union of Wells, hundred of Glaston-Twelve-Hides, E. division of Somerset, 2½ miles (N. N. W.) from Glastonbury.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Godney, Somerset parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|SOPC = Somerset Online Parish Clerks - free|
|GODNEY PARISH Online Records|
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Adapted. Date accessed: 20 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 16 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- ↑ Somerset Online Parish Clerks Genealogy, accessed 22 October 2013.
- This page was last modified on 10 December 2014, at 16:02.
- This page has been accessed 2,143 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page