Golden Book of the FirecardEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The “Guldenboek der Vuurkaart” (“Golden Book of the Firecard”) contains names and pictures of Belgian veterans that were in possession of the “Fire Card” (Vuurkaart), published 1933-1940. The person that wanted to be mentioned in the book had to fill out a form to declare which decorations he had received from military service.
- A book contains:
- Names of the veterans
- Picture of the person (sometimes)
- Place of residence
- Rank and military decorations of the veteran (if available)
Internet address: Dutch, French and English
- The site has some regimental histories.
- It is certain that not all veterans were included in the books
- Names of those killed in action are not usually included.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen to search by family name, place of residence, or regiment.
- This page was last modified on 8 September 2008, at 03:48.
- This page has been accessed 1,682 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More