Grand Isle County, Vermont GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Grand Isle County, Vermont ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Grand Isle County, Vermont|
Location in the state of Vermont
|Founded||November 9, 1802|
|County Seat||North Hero|
|Address|| Grand Isle County Courthouse|
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 7,
North Hero, VT 05474-0007
Grand Isle County Website
Probate judge has probate records; town clerks have birth, marriage, death and land records
Towns Organized Before 1800:
Grand Isle 1779,
Isles La Motte 1779,
North Hero 1779,
South Hero 1779
For animated maps illustrating Vermont County boundary changes, "Rotating Formation Vermont County Boundary Maps" (1764-1895) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
Places / Localities
Extinct or Renamed Towns
Land and Property
Early migration routes to and from Grand Isle County for European settlers included:
"Vermont, Town Clerk, Vital and Town Records, 1732-2005" Browse images. Description: Vital and town records acquired from local town clerk offices. Source Information: Town officials in Vermont. Vermont Town Records. Town halls in Vermont.
See also How to order Vermont Vital Records, order electronically online or download an application for Vermont <a title="Vermont Birth Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/birth_form.aspx" target="_blank">Birth Certificate</a>, <a title="Vermont Marriage Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/marriage_form.aspx" target="_blank">Marriage Certificate</a>, <a title="Vermont Divorce Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/divorce_form.aspx" target="_blank">Divorce Certificate</a>, <a title="Vermont Death Certificate Application" href="http://www.healthvermont.gov/research/records/deathcert_form.aspx" target="_blank">Death Certificate</a> Applications to mail.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
Family History Centers provide one-on-one assistance and free access to premium genealogical websites. In addition, many centers have free how-to genealogy classes. See Family History Centers for more information. Search the online FHC directory for a nearby family history center.
- Grand Isle County, VT History, Records, Facts and Genealogy
- Vermont Genealogy Network Community on Google+
- Vermont Genealogy Network Group on Facebook
- FamilySearch.org FamilySearch Catalog for Grand Isle County
- The Grand Isle County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Grand Isle County
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 698. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Land Grants That Became the Towns of Vermont - M at All Ancestors (Internet site)(accessed 4 April 2013).
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 395. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists, 847-61.
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 03:58.
- This page has been accessed 6,782 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More