Grand Ronde-Siletz Indian Agency (Oregon)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
The Grand Ronde-Siletz Agency was established in 1938, thus relieving the Salem (Chemawa) school of its agency duties. The consolidated agency was terminated in 1956.
Most of the records for the earlier Grand Ronde and Siletz Agencies appear to have been carried down as separate records when its duties were carried out by the Salem School. When the Grand Ronde-Siletz Agency was established, again the records appear to have gone into the holdings of the new agency and are among the records of that consolidated agency now housed in the Pacific Alaska Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) in Seattle. Among these records are:
- Census records, 1925-1950
- School census cards, 1932-1945
- Land enrollment records, 1942-1954
- ↑ Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981, p. 161.
- ↑ Guide to Federal Records, Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Record Group 75. Available online.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- "Accompanying Pamphlet for Microcopy 1011", National Archives Microfilm Publications, Appendix.
- This page was last modified on 14 January 2011, at 14:45.
- This page has been accessed 728 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More