Grant County, North DakotaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Grant County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Grant County, North Dakota|
Location in the state of North Dakota
Location of North Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||November 7, 1916|
|Address|| Grant County Courthouse|
106 2nd Ave NE;
Carson, ND 58529
Grant County Website
Clerk District Court has birth records from 1945, marriage,
death, burial, divorce, probate and court records from 1916;
Register of Deeds has land records
Cemetery transcriptions for cemeteries in Grant County, providing name, date of birth, and date of death where available.
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the North Dakota Vital Records State Department of Health or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Grant County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Grant County, North Dakota. Page 524 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 16 May 2013, at 17:28.
- This page has been accessed 1,414 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More