Great Hautbois, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Great Hautbois, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Aylsham|
|Parish registers: 1563|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
HAUTBOIS, GREAT (St. Thebold), a parish, in the union of Aylsham, hundred of South Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, 1 mile (N. W. by N.) from Coltishall. 
Great Hautbois or (Hautbois Magna) Holy Trinity is an Ancient Parish in the diocese of Norwich.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Great Hautbois, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Great Hautbois, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
||1563-1901; 1820-1903 (Banns, gaps)||
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 596/ 1-5
Microfilm copies of original records in the Norfolk Record Office, Central Library, Norwich, Norfolk, England.
Item 14 Baptisms 1563-1711 Marriages 1563-1723 Burials 1568-1723 Item 15 Baptisms and burials 1723-1812 Marriages 1724-1758, 1770 Item 16 Marriages 1758-1811 Banns 1768-1821 Item 17 Marriages 1820-1837 Item 18 Marriages 1840-1901 Item 19 Banns 1825-1903 FHL BRITISH Film 1597128 Items 14-19
Baptisms 1600-1608, 1623-1633, 1665-1811 Marriages 1600-1608, 1630-1633, 1665-1810 Burials 1600-1608, 1630, 1665-1810 FHL BRITISH Film 1526780 Item 4
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438854.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Great Hautbois on GenUKI
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848)pp. 444-447 Date accessed: 19 March 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 25 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 10 January 2016, at 21:11.
- This page has been accessed 2,303 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News