Grenada County, MississippiEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Grenada County Mississippi genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Grenada County Courthouse
PO Box 1208
Grenada, MS 38902
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage, divorce, and
probate records from 1870 and land records from 1835. 
For tips on accessing Grenada County, Mississippi census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
- Family Maps of Grenada County, Mississippi (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
Mississippi tax records replace missing censuses and provide lists of residents during years between censuses. There may be gaps of several years. For more information see Mississippi Taxation.
- 1870-1922 - Grenada County Marriage Books A-J Index 1870-1922 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Grenada County, Mississippi page 379, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/c/ce/Igimississippia.pdf.
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 11 May 2013, at 21:40.
- This page has been accessed 1,387 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More