Guatemala Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, How to use Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records.
Question #1: The images for Guatemala > Canalitos and Guatemala > Guatemala in the following browse points are the same:
- Información matrimonial 1893-1913 (incluye matrimonios),
- Información matrimonial 1913-1925 (incluye matrimonios),
- Información matrimonial 1925-1930 (incluye matrimonios), and
- Nacimientos 1878-1923.
Where are the records from?
Answer #1: As you advance through the images, you will see that they are not Guatemala City records but are all records for the independent municipio of Canalitos. This is because prior to 1938 Canalitos was an independent municipio in the Department of Guatemala. It is currently (2012) a zona in Guatemala City.
Question #2: I cannot find the online records for Quetzaltenango > Ostuncalco > Nacimientos 1877-1886, that correspond in the Catalog as Film Number 782372. Are these records available?
Answer #2: Because the original microfilm 782372 has been damaged, the final browse point Nacimientos 1877-1886 has been removed. Click on the links for information on how to order microfilm and locate the nearest FamilySearch Center.
Question #3: There exists some mislabeling in this collection of the final browse points (Record type and year range). Can you list the known errors and tell us what the content of the final browse points is?
Answer #3: Below is a list of the reported known issues with the labeling of the final browse points (Record type and year range):
- Chimaltenango > Tecpán Guatemala > Defunciones 1892-1897 only has 307 images, not 603.Guatemala > Guatemala > Nacimientos 1913-1914, the correct year range should be 1931-1932.
- Guatemala > Guatemala > Nacimientos 1913, the correct year range should be 1931.
- Quetzaltenango > Quetzaltenango > Matrimonios 1877-1878, 1891, the correct year range should be 1877-1878,1881-1891.
- Retalhuleu > Retalhuleu > Matrimonios 1925-1940 year span should be 1925-1928, 1937-1940
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
- For example: Guatemala Civil Registration, 1877-2008 > Quetzaltenango > Quetzaltenango > Matrimonios 1877-1878, 1891 > Image 200 of 506.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Guatemala Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Guatemala Civil Registration, 1877-1934 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 29 July 2014, at 19:29.
- This page has been accessed 871 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page