HaitiEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Getting started with Haiti research
Haiti is a country occupying the western third of Hispaniola Island in the West Indies which it shares with the Dominican Republic. Hispaniola Island is one of the Greater Antilles Islands on the northern edge of the Caribbean Sea helping to separate it from the North Atlantic Ocean. The island lies between Cuba on the west and Puerto Rico on the east. See the CIA Factbook about Haiti.
- Searchable database for Haiti
- Where can you find civil registers for Haiti
- Listing of all records collections for Haiti available on FamilySearch.org
- Haiti genealogical resources
- Facebook group Haitian Genealogy created to help those from Haiti/Saint Domingue and Dominican Republic/Saint Domingue learn the history of their ancestors and country. The author of this site is willing to assist. Claudy Joseph-St.Germain Lavin. He can be reached at email@example.com (accessed 2013)
A wiki article describing an online collections is found at:
Did you know?
(Your text or images here, or use the table below:)
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by:
To add your knowledge and help expand the wiki click here:
- This page was last modified on 21 November 2014, at 14:42.
- This page has been accessed 9,263 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page